8th Grade English Language Arts (ELA)
Week of April 9-13, 2012
Biotechnology Theme: Environmental Biotechnology “Preserving and Restoring Our Environment”
Essential Question: “What are my responsibilities to society?”
Supporting Grade Level Content Expectations:
W.PR.06.01 Students will: set a purpose; consider audience, and replicate authors’ styles and patterns when writing a narrative or informational piece.
W.PR.06.01 Students will: apply a variety of pre-writing strategies for both narrative (e.g., graphic organizers designed to develop a plot that includes major and minor characters, builds climax, and uses dialogue to enhance a theme) and informational writing (e.g.
Objective: Students will write complete sentences using the correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar; write complete sentences using a subject and a verb.
- Daily Language Review (DLR) Review Wk 8
- 2. Introduce Unit 5-Invasive Species, Create a folder
- 3. Homework Package Review- Start working on Monday’s assignment.
Objective: Students will define and review different ways to represent the meaning of invasive species.
- 1. DLR-Wk9
- 2. Invasive Species- Define and introduce unit project (Multi-Genre Project)
- 3. Write in Journal 2 new facts that you learned today.
Objective: Students will identify and review invasive species found in Michigan.
- 1. DLR-Wk9
- 2. Invasive Species-Identify invasive species found in Michigan (Article Review).
- 3. Reminder: Homework Package- Due Friday, April 13, 2012.
Objective: Students will identify invasive species found in Michigan; review their work and look for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Warm Up, DLR Wk9
- Invasive Species- Article Review
Objective: Students will write complete sentences using a subject and a verb.
- 1. Warm Up, DLR Wk9
- 2. DLR-Wk9 Quiz
- 3. Complete all finished work. Homework Package is due.
Have a wonderful weekend!